Effective Date: November 9, 2021
At Gourmica North America LLC, (hereinafter, “Gourmica”, “us”, “we”, or “our”), we understand that privacy is important, and we are strongly committed to protecting the privacy of visitors to our website located at: <gourmica.com> (hereinafter referred to as “the Site”).
The following information is designed to help you better understand what information we gather when you visit our Site, create an account, purchase food items, merchandise, other items for sale, or interact with any other related services and promotions (collectively, “Products”) or avail yourself of the provision of the Site, purchase, and delivery of Products (the “Services”), how that information is collected, how we handle the information once we gather it, whether we disclose it to anyone, and the choices you have regarding our use of, and your ability to correct the information.
In the event that we make changes to: (i) the types of information collected; (ii) how we use that information; or (iii) who your information is shared with, we will notify you with a notification banner and you will be given a chance to opt-out or request that we delete your information at that time.
3. Personal Information or Data Collected & Sources
We collect different types of personal data (information about you) and personal information (information that directly identifies you) from you. This section sets forth: (i) the general categories of personal data and personal information that we may process; (ii) in the case of personal data that we did not obtain directly from you, the source and specific categories of that data; (iii) the purposes for which we may process personal data and personal information; and (iv) the legal bases of the processing.
We may collect the following types of data:
- PERSONAL IDENTIFIERS (sometimes referred to as Personal Information) (first and last name, working email address, company name (if applicable), billing and shipping address, phone number, user name and password)
• COMMERCIAL INFORMATION (such your personal preferences about our products, your purchase history online or by phone, and a record of your product interests)
• INTERNET ACTIVITY (including (a) how you interact with our sites, such as product searches, time spent browsing certain products, items you place into your cart, and pages that you visit; (b) information about your interactions on social media that identifies us through hashtags or using our social media handles, and (c) technical data received from your device, such as IP address of individuals that visit our site, referring websites, and similar technical data),
• GEOLOCATION DATA (your city and state as is apparent from the address you provide, the internet address from which you visit our sites, or the phone number used to call us), and
• inferences that we make about your product interests based on your past purchases and other activity.
All of the above have been collected and disclosed to our service providers for a business purpose during the last 12 months.
We may collect your personal data and personal information from the following sources:
- From you, when you provide it to us. We collect your information when you purchase our Products online or over the phone, contact our customer support, fill out forms on our Site, create a user account with us, sign up for mailing lists, participate in promotions or surveys, or otherwise provide us your information or use our Services.
• When you use our Site. We use tools that help us improve our business by analyzing how our customers interact with us and our branded sites.
• When transmitted automatically by your browser or device. Internet-connected devices that visit our sites automatically transmit technical and device data, settings, software and hardware versions, referring websites, and unique device identifiers (depending on your settings).
4. Purposes for Collection and Use of Information
We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To process, confirm, fulfill, ship, track and secure payment for your order. We may contact you via email, mail or phone if we have questions about your order or payment.
- To provide you a history of your purchases.
- To remarket our products through advertising networks.
- If you joined our email marketing list, to communicate with you by email about our products, services, contests, and promotions.
- To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions.
- To inform others of customer satisfaction with the quality of our products and services.
- To help us learn more about your general shopping preferences.
- To help us improve and address problems with our site design, products and services.
- To enhance your shopping experience.
- To analyze trends and statistics.
- To protect the security and integrity of our Site and our business.
- To detect, protect against and investigate fraud, theft or threats to any individuals.
- For system administration.
- To meet our legal obligations, protect our legal rights, respond to court orders and other legal process, and as permitted by law, make disclosures to address unlawful or other act that may endanger the health, safety or privacy of other customers or the general public.
If we use service providers outside the United States, then your personal information may be sent outside U.S. borders and may be subject to additional local laws regarding personal information.
Note: We do not knowingly sell your personal information.
5. Third Party Service Providers; Disclosure for a Business Purpose
Our third party service providers are our vendors that provide services to us directly or to you on our behalf and that—in some cases—receive your personal information and personal data in order to provide those services.
Our trusted vendors and partners are contractually required to keep this personal information secure and to only use it for the purposes for which it is provided.
For example, we run our online platform through a service provider that may receive your personal information and/or personal data to help us run our business.
We also provide your personal information (example, name and address) to one or more shipping services providers such as 3PL, so that they may deliver your order.
We make certain third-party payment service processors available to you such as PayPal, Apple Pay, or Stripe, and Avatax for the calculation of sales tax. If you wish to make a payment through the Services, your personal information and credit card or payment information will be processed by these third parties.
We also use third party service providers such as Klavyo to assist with marketing for Gourmica products, and personal information may be shared with such third party service providers that provide us with assistance with newsletters, email distribution, digital marketing, and other services. (For more information on marketing, see the section below titled “Marketing email communications”.)
Many of our Products are available for sale on Amazon or on other e-commerce platforms. And when you purchase our Products on these third party e-commerce platforms, your personal information and personal data are shared with us so that we can fulfill your order.
We also use a third party service providers such as Google to perform website analytics that help make product recommendations for you while you use our Site based on the pages and products you view.
We also engage advertising networks as service providers to provide online advertising and marketing services. (For more information on online advertising, see the section below titled “Advertising Networks and Online Marketing”.)
In the event that another business acquires some or all of Gourmica, your personal information may come under the control of the purchaser.
6. Marketing email communications
Our Site provides you the option to join our email list and newsletter and receive information about our Products, Services and offers. If you do not wish to receive Gourmica marketing emails, you may use any of several options to unsubscribe: click the “Unsubscribe” link in our marketing emails, call us toll-free at 1 (855) 912-0855 Monday- Friday between 9 am- 5pm Eastern Time, or email us at [email protected] with the following:
- The phrase “Unsubscribe” in the subject line
- Your name and email address
You can also unsubscribe via mail by writing to:
Gourmica North America LLC
8 The Green, Suite # 12987, Dover, DE 19901, USA
Please be aware that it can take several business days to remove you from our email marketing list, and even if you unsubscribe, you will continue to receive order confirmation, shipping status or other transactional emails.
7. Retaining and Deleting Personal Data
We retain your personal information and personal data for as long as your account is active and a reasonable period thereafter in case you decide to re-activate the Services. We may retain your personal information and personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
In most cases, we will retain your account information and personal information for a period of three years of non-activity. After such time, we will either delete your information or, if this is not possible (for example, because the information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
If you have elected to receive marketing emails from us, we retain your personal data about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our Services, such as when you last opened an email from us or ceased using your account. We retain personal data such as your computer usage data for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
8. Use of ‘Cookies’
9. What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a small data file stored on your hard drive by websites that sends information back to those websites to enable certain functionality, which may include a unique user ID to recognize you. Related tools include a pixel tag, also known as a clear GIF or web beacon, which an invisible tag placed on certain pages of our site and can track your visits by placing and reading cookies on your computer. Most web browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies; refer to your browser’s help documentation for more information. But note that if you turn off cookies or refuse to accept them, this is likely to have a negative impact on the usability of our Site and many other websites. Your browser information can also help you delete existing cookies.
10. Enhance Your Website Experience.
11. Web Analytics
Please click here to learn more: http://www.google.com/analytics. From time to time, we may use other service providers to help us with tracking cookies.
12. Advertising Networks and Online Marketing
Gourmica does not track your online activity across third party websites or online services. But like many ecommerce businesses, we partner with third parties such as Google to assist with our marketing efforts. There are small bits of code called “cookies” or “pixels” that we place on our Site to enable our third party partners to help market our products online. These cookies use anonymous unique identifiers and Gourmica does not provide your name or other identified information to our third party partners, and our partners do not send us information about your external online activity. If you click an ad, the browser on your computer or device may tell us the website where you clicked the ad.
You can avoid certain targeted marketing by disabling cookies in your browser for our Site. However, you may lose functionality if you disable cookies. If you leave cookies enabled, you consent to our use of such third party advertising vendors and services, to their placement of cookies onto your computer, and to the privacy policies of the third party advertising networks. You agree that if you leave cookies enabled, Gourmica is not responsible for how the third party advertisers use your information. Further, as new technologies are developed, we cannot promise that your online activity will never be tracked, such as by the company that developed your Internet browser.
You may review our respective third party partner’s Privacy Policies here:
13. Do Not Track signals
Because there is no standard understanding of what a “Do Not Track” browser signal is supposed to mean, our website does not respond to those signals in any particular way. To avoid tracking cookies, you may use a “private” or similar type browser window to browse the Internet without tracking cookies. However, the software manufacturer of your browser may still track your activity. Please check with Google, Microsoft, Mozilla, DuckDuckGo or other manufacturer for more information.
14. Security and SSL
Protecting your order information is a priority for us. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect the security of information you transmit to us through a web browser. However, because of the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data you exchange with us will always remain completely secure. Third parties and bad actors may intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect your personal information, neither Gourmica nor any of our service providers can ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the internet. Any such transmission is done at your own risk.
15. Links to Other Sites
16. Use by Minors and Children Under 13 Prohibited
The Site and the Services are directed to adults. They are not directed to minors or children under the age of 13. We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and do not permit registration by and will not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under 13. This requirement will be posted wherever we collect data within the Site, such as during the registration process.
17. Contacting Us
Gourmica North America LLC
8 The Green, Suite # 12987, Dover, DE 19901, USA
T +1 (855) 912-0855 Monday-Friday between 9am-5pm Eastern.
Email: [email protected]
18. Applicable Law
19. California Privacy Disclosures and Rights Granted to California Residents
- Right to be informed about the (i) types of personal information we collect about you, (ii) specific pieces of information that we have collected about you, (iii) sources and purposes of the collection, and (iv) third parties that receive your data.
- Right to request deletion of your data.
- Right to know to whom we’ve sold or disclosed your data.
- Right to opt out of the sale of your data.
- Right against discrimination if you do not provide us your data, unless the goods and services we provide you are related to the value of the data you provide us.
Exercising Your Rights. You may exercise your rights as a California resident, review and request changes to the personal information we collected about you, and contact us for more information about our privacy practices in any of the following ways:
- Call us toll-free at +1 (855) 912-0855between 9am-5pm Eastern
- Email us at [email protected] with your request
Or contact us via mail at:
Gourmica North America LLC
8 The Green, Suite # 12987
Dover, DE 19901, USA
a. Authorized Agent. If you wish to submit a request to exercise your rights through an authorized agent, then you may designate your authorized agent in writing by contacting us using any of the methods above and providing the following information:
(i) Your full name and date of birth
(ii) Current address and telephone number
(iii) Name of the authorized agent
(iv) State whether the requested information should be delivered to the agent or to you.
(v) Provide delivery instructions.
(vi) State the types of requests that you authorize your agent to make, for example, Request to Know, Request to Delete, or Request to Opt-Out of Sales of Personal Information.
(vii) Sign and date the agent authorization.
b. Verification. We may request certain information to verify your identity or that of your agent before we can respond to your access and deletion requests. A verifiable consumer request must:
(i) Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative;
(ii) Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it;
(iii) We will require authorized agents to provide proof that you authorized the request, and we will require you to verify your identity directly with us.
(iv) We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. We will only use Personal Information provided in the request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
c. Opt-Out Requests
You have the right to prevent businesses from “selling” your personal information. While we do not provide any personal information to third parties in exchange for money, the term “sale” is broadly defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), which means certain data collection on our website and application by third parties (with business partners such as Google or a social media platform), for purposes of interest-based advertising, operating our Site and our social media tools, may be a “sale” under the CCPA.
If you would like to opt-out of the “sale” of your personal data as defined under CCPA, opt-out by contacting us as described herein. If you opt out, we will not be able to send data to some of our business partners. This may mean that, after you opt out, you may not receive all of the marketing information you are accustomed to receiving from us or it may impact the performance of certain aspects of our website and application for you.
We will comply with your opt-out request within 15 business days. You may use an authorized agent to submit a request to opt out on your behalf if you provide the authorized agent signed permission. We may deny a request from an authorized agent if the agent cannot provide us with such signed permission or we cannot confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
d. Categories of Personal Information Sold. In the last 12 months, Gourmica has sold each of the categories of Personal Information listed above in Section 3 to third parties that provide advertising and analytics services.
e. Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose.In the last 12 months, Gourmica has sold or disclosed the categories of Personal Information listed above in Section 3 for a business purpose (such as with our service providers who are restricted from using your personal information outside the scope of their services for Gourmica).
f. Third Party Marketing/Shine the Light
California’s “Shine the Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the previous calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once per year per person, and are free of charge. However, we do not disclose personal information protected under the “Shine the Light” law to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user. You may contact us using the following information:
Gourmica North America LLC
8 The Green, Suite # 12987, Dover, DE 19901, USA
T +1 (855) 912-0855
You may also send us an email at [email protected] with the words “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line.
g. No Sale of Minor Information. Gourmica does not have actual knowledge of any sale of the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.