COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
400g FONTANA FORMIELLO Carnaroli Risotto Rice
1 small onion
10 saffron threads or 1 sachet of saffron powder
1.5l hot water
10g Parmesan cheese, grated
Sea salt, to season
Black pepper, to season
• Sauté chopped onion in 50g of butter in a heavy-based pan until softened, but not coloured.
• Add rice and stir well in the butter until it becomes translucent.
• Add saffron and a ladleful of the hot water and simmer. As the water is absorbed, add more water when necessary. Continue in this way until al dente. Add salt to taste if necessary.
• Add the other half of butter, blend the Parmesan cheese in, turn off the heat, cover, and let it rest for 2 minutes.
• Garnish with parsley, or add veal marrow for a traditional Risotto alla Milanese.